Announced simultaneously with the Switch, we have yet to get any details about the Nintendo version of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but that changes today! This morning, Bethesda released a trailer and some details about the upcoming re-release of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, including a Holiday 2017 worldwide release.
The game will incorporate exclusive features such as motion controls for actions such as lock picking and combat and Legend of Zelda costumes and weapons utilizing the various amiibo. The Nintendo Switch version will also include all DLC – Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn.
Hopefully a set release date will be announce tomorrow during Nintendo’s E3 Direct, but as of now you can watch this beautiful trailer and screenshots.
From the press release:
- Epic Fantasy Reborn – Skyrim reimagines the open-world fantasy epic, pushing the gameplay and technology of a virtual world to new heights.
- Live another life, in another world – Play any type of character you can imagine, and do whatever you want; the legendary freedom of choice, storytelling, and adventure of The Elder Scrolls is realized like never before.
- Stunning Graphics and Immersive Gameplay – Skyrim‘s game engine brings to life a complete virtual world with rolling clouds, rugged mountains, bustling cities, lush fields, and ancient dungeons.
- You Are What You Play – Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities. The character system allows you to play any way you want and define yourself through your actions.
- The Legend of Zelda Outfits and Weapons – Tap compatible The Legend of Zelda character amiibo to gain outfits and gear inspired by the series. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian shield, or look heroic in the Champion’s Tunic. Tap other compatible amiibo to gain additional loot. Compatible amiibo include those from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series, 30th Anniversary – The Legend of Zelda series, Super Smash Bros. series, and The Legend of Zelda series.
- Motion Controls: Use all-new motion controls for combat and lockpicking – battle with melee weapons, aim your bow and arrow, and more.