The Nintendo Direct was not all about the Nintendo Switch, there was a blast of Nintendo 3DS news to kick it off. The 3DS is far from dead, and this upcoming lineup proves it. From game announcements to release dates, we have you covered in case you missed any of the announcements. Be sure to read the whole list to check out information about your most hyped game!
- Hey! PIKMIN: The first Pikmin game for Nintendo 3DS finds Captain Olimar embarking on an adventure through lush worlds with his trusted Pikmin by his side. In a new type of Pikmin game, players are tasked with throwing all types of different Pikmin using the touch screen to solve puzzles, overcome challenges and defeat enemies through side-scrolling levels. The Hey! PIKMIN game launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on July 28. A new Pikmin amiibo figure will also launch separately on the same day.
- Kirby’s 25th Anniversary: To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the adorable Kirby franchise, three new Kirby games are coming to Nintendo 3DS.
- Exclusive to Nintendo eShop, Team Kirby Clash Deluxe features four Kirby characters with different powers (Sword Hero, Hammer Lord, Beam Mage or Doctor Healmore) who battle giant enemies together. The free-to-start game launches … today!
- In Kirby’s Blowout Blast, players move freely through more than 25 action-packed 3D stages, inhaling enemies and powering up along the way. The game launches exclusively in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS this summer.
- Last but certainly not least, a new multiplayer* action game in the Kirby series is coming to Nintendo 3DS this holiday season. More information will be revealed about this game in the future.
- Miitopia: Fans have never played an RPG quite like Miitopia. By casting Mii characters in roles across the world of Miitopia, players set off on an adventure to battle enemies, hunt for treasure and open up new areas of the map. The turn-based battles are straight out of an RPG, but allies have a mind of their own. The relationships they build affect their performance in battle. This Nintendo 3DS RPG launches later this year.
- Ever Oasis: Grow and expand the world’s last oasis in Ever Oasis, a new action-adventure RPG from Koichi Ishii, the creator of the Mana series. The Ever Oasis game launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on June 23. More information about the game will be revealed in the future.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia DLC: The new Fire Emblem game might take the series back to its roots, but one modern enhancement will help expand the adventure. The downloadable content launching for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will be a combination of free and paid, and provides players with new maps, dungeons and challenges. More information about this DLC, including launch timing and the optional season pass, will be revealed in the future.
- BYE-BYE BOXBOY!: The epic trilogy that has taken the world of geometry by storm comes to its dramatic conclusion with the BYE-BYE BOXBOY! game, the third entry in the highly acclaimed BOXBOY! series. By rescuing new Qbabies, main character Qbby will receive one of four powers – Boxrocket, Bombox, Warpbox and Remotebox – that can help the boxy hero overcome obstacles in a new way. Tapping any of the Kirby series amiibo figures like Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight or Waddle Dee will permanently unlock a new colorful costume for Qbby based on that character. BYE-BYE BOXBOY! is now available exclusively in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and at http://boxboy.nintendo.com/. A free demo for all three games in this series from HAL Laboratory, Inc. is also available in Nintendo eShop.
- Monster Hunter Stories: Prepare to embark on an RPG adventure unlike anything the Monster Hunter series has ever known. In Monster Hunter Stories, become a rider and bond with monsters to raise their potential and unleash powerful combos. Players can fly, swim and crash into new areas of the map; discover eggs to collect and hatch; and participate in turn-based battles with a party of up to five monsters. Monster Hunter Stories launches for Nintendo 3DS this fall.
- The Yo-kai are Back … Again!: Whether players missed it the first time or want to fall in love again, the definitive version of YO-KAI WATCH 2 is here! The YO-KAI WATCH 2: Psychic Specters game delivers the same full YO-KAI WATCH 2 experience, but adds new Yo-kai to befriend, exclusive quests and the ability to hop on the Hexpress to a new resort area. Players can even befriend Wicked and Boss Yo-kai from previous games, learn about the origin of the mysterious feline Yo-kai, Darknyan, and experience a revamped Blasters co-op mode to beat powerful new bosses. YO-KAI WATCH 2: Psychic Specters launches for Nintendo 3DS this fall.
- NIS America Games: NIS America is bringing two great games to Nintendo 3DS this summer. The Culdcept series is celebrating its 20thanniversary, so it’s the perfect time to launch Culdcept Revolt! The card-meets-board game launches in a standard and limited edition on Aug. 29. With RPG Maker Fes, players of all skill levels can create their own RPGs. A free download called RPG Maker Player will be available in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. RPG Maker Player will let anyone play fan-created RPGs even if they don’t own RPG Maker Fes. RPG Maker Fes launches for Nintendo 3DS on June 27.
Art and assets for all of these games are coming soon!