A fascinating indie platformer will be coming to the Nintendo 3DS later this year – Cursed Castilla. Cursed Castilla offers a modern take on the true experience of arcade classics such as Ghosts’n’Goblins: direct, fast-paced, addictive and straightforward entertainment which challenges the player at every stage.
In Cursed Castilla you become Don Ramiro in order to fight the evil invading the lands of Tolomera, following the orders of the king Alfonso VI of Castilla. The action takes place in the Kingdom of Castilla (a medieval kingdom in what is today Spain), and thus you won’t face the typical, well, ghosts and goblins: your enemies will be creatures such as mouras, ojáncanos and nuberus, monsters from the European folklore, legends and chivalric romances.
Previously released on PC, PS4, and Xbox One, the 3DS version is rebuilt from the ground up. This allowed the developer to add several brand new features:
- New coin-op mode
- Stereoscopic 3D effect
- Restless action through 8 game stages
- Fight against +48 types of enemies and 19 final bosses
- Find the secrets that will lead you up to 4 different engines
- Illustrated bestiary with unlockable information about the legends featured in the game
- Brag about your combat skills with 16 unlockable achievements
- Let out your battle cry with songs from the original soundtrack and the remastered audio
Look forward to Cursed Castilla hitting the Nintendo 3DS later this year.