While Game Freak and Pokemon were a no show at the Nintendo Switch reveal event last week, one of the most hotly rumored games may still yet come this year. Pokemon Stars is rumored to be the third Pokemon release of Generation 7, currently comprised of Pokemon Sun and Moon.
In a list of post-launch first-party games, the only non-announced game currently listed is Pokemon Stars:
Post-release first-party Nintendo games
- Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! (March 2017)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 28)
- ARMS (Spring 2017)
- Splatoon 2 (Summer 2017)
- Fire Emblem Warriors (autumn 2017)
- Pokémon Stars (late 2017)
- Super Mario Odyssey (holiday 2017)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (TBC)
- New Fire Emblem (2018)
We hold out hope that this rumor is true as Pokemon will surely move consoles quicker than Tetris gets ported to every platform.